Wednesday, October 20, 2004

You need this

The ever resourceful Google has created a way to search your PC for information. It indexes everything on your computer, so it searches way faster than the Windows search. This is great for me. It searches files, documents, email, and other stuff I turned off because I don't want it. Finding email in Outlook is very difficult, you have to figure out which folders to search and I always first just search the subject because it takes forever to search the entirety of each email (I keep most of my email so there's an awful lot). I can find anything right away now. It could use a few more features, but it's still in beta and I imagine more will be coming. But what's there is fantastic, a necessity for anyone who can't keep track of their files, documents and email. Trust me.

Google Desktop Search Download

No comments:

Post a Comment